COR KEY VALUE
COR Congregations are committed to investing financially in senior youth and young adult ministry.
COR VALUE SUMMARY
COR congregations financially support senior youth and young adult ministry by budgeting a set amount per person in this age group. This amount should reflect the size of this group relative to the rest of the church body and may be a constant percentage of the budget or a set amount for each senior youth and young adult.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 1 Timothy 4:11-14 MSG
Click here to read more Bible texts about budgeting.
ELLEN G. WHITE QUOTE
“Money is a blessing when those who use it consider that they are the Lord’s stewards, that they are handling the Lord’s capital, and must one day give account of their stewardship." Education, p. 271.
Click here to read more of what Ellen White said about budgeting.
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget, and I'll tell you what you value." Vice President Joe Biden quoting his father. Daily Kos, Obama Nightly News: “Show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.” November 3, 2012. See video.
Click here to read more non-denominational quotes about budgeting.
SURVEY (evaluate where you are so you know where you want to go)
- Do you know how many senior youth/young adults are members on the church books?
- Do you know how many of your senior youth/young adults are active in your church?
- Is a space available for young adults to meet at a desired time on the Sabbath (Friday night, Saturday morning/afternoon)?
- Is there a second service available if the main service does not meet the needs of this group?
- Are greeters at church friendly and reach out to visitors?
- Are all visitors recognized, welcomed, and invited to return?
- Is retention is analyzed from database numbers?
- Are conversational Bible study groups informative and practical?
- Is the music worshipful and desirable for local young adults?
- Is preaching engaging, biblical, relevant, grace-filled, Christ-centered, and action-oriented?
- Are alternate vespers, Sabbath Schools, Sabbath afternoon activities and worship services developed as desired/needed?
- Presentation (PPT) or (KEY)
- under development