COR Position Paper, p. 15-16.
- Organizing Support Groups in Your Church (SDA).
- Cummings, Des and Reed, Monica. (2011). CREATION Health Discovery. Your Path to a Healthy 100. Orlando, FL: Florida Hospital Publishing. (SDA).
- Youth Ministries Department of the General Conference of SDA. (2013). Senior Youth Ministry Handbook. p. 76-93. (Common Problems of Senior Youth, How to Help the Senior Youth, Counseling Senior Youth).
- Sticky Faith Leader. The Church Sticking Together. The Vital Role of Intergenerational Relationships in Fostering Sticky Faith.
- Other Churches’ Support Groups: Ideas for Support Groups that may be needed in your Church
- Benz, Jonathan and Robb-Dover, Kristina. (2016). The Recovery-Minded Church. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.
- Here are some suggestions for what to include on your referral checklist:
- Twelve-step groups with personal contacts for each of these groups.
- Clergy and churches in your area with thriving support-group ministries and recovery expertise (if your church does not have these),
- Physicians and psychiatrists with addiction and dual-diagnosis specialties,
- Hospital facilities and detox centers providing services to alcoholics and addicts,
- Outpatient and inpatient treatment programs with good reputations,
- Halfway houses and other follow-up programs for addicts coming out of treatment programs,
- Mental health professionals with addiction expertise, as well as therapists trained in stress management,
- Treatment programs for homeless addicts, such as the Salvation Army. (p. 31).