Key COR Value:
COR Congregations are committed to supporting youth and young adults with their life challenges.
COR Value Summary:
COR congregations provide a physically and emotionally safe environment for people to deal with life’s stresses and their deepest questions. We also acknowledge that meeting people’s material needs is a highly spiritual act.
So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:11 NLT
Click here to read more Bible texts about support.
Ellen G. White Quote
“Many have fainted and become discouraged in the great struggle of life, whom one word of kindly cheer and courage would have strengthened to overcome. Never, never become heartless, cold, unsympathetic, and censorious. Never lose an opportunity to say a word to encourage and inspire hope. We cannot tell how far-reaching may be our tender words of kindness, our Christlike efforts to lighten some burden."
~ Counsels for the Church, p. 255.
Click here to read more on what Ellen White said about support.
"The more adult leaders who are investing in a teens’s life, the more likely that teen is to stay in church. The more adults who are involved in a teen’s life, the lower the dropout rate."
~ Thom S. Rainer and Sam S. Rainer III in Essential Church: Reclaiming a Generation of Dropouts, p. 124.
Click here to read more non-denominational quotes about support.
- Individuals in need are treated respectfully.
- Pastor makes referrals as necessary to supporting agencies.
- Support groups are available for members, where they can encourage one another emotionally and physically.
- Support in the form of health care, career advisement, financial management training and other life issuesis available as far as possible.
- Members dealing with emotional issues (depression, suicide, self-esteem, etc.) are encouraged, not excluded.
- Members dealing with lifestyle issues (sex, gambling, shopping, etc.) receive support.
- Members dealing with substance issues (alcohol, smoking, drugs, etc.) find help to be free.
- Members dealing with family issues (marriage difficulties, divorce, death, infidelity, etc.) receive help and support.