COR Position Paper, p. 10-14.
BOOKS AND ARTICLES
- Rainer, Thom S. and Rainer, Jess W. (2011). The Millennials. Connecting to America’s Largest Generation. Nashville, TN: B&H Publishing Group. See chapter 4 “The New Normal of Openness and Diversity”, p. 77-100.
- Stark, David. (2016). Reaching Millennials. Proven Methods for Engaging a Younger Generation. Grand Rapids, MI: Bethany House Publishers. See chapter 8 “Outsider Targeted Services”, p. 109-120.
- 7 Ways to Become a Welcoming Church
- 10 Signals that Say “You Are Not Welcome in This Church”
- 5 Reasons Churches Need Diversity
- Fourteen Characteristics of Genuinely Friendly Churches
- We Will No Longer Be a Welcoming Church
- An Invitation
- The Jesus Memo
- Renewing lost friendships is part of the good news of Jesus, and An Indescribable Welcome Home will help you learn where to begin. This book uses a series of stories told by Jesus to describe how He wants us to relate to the people who have quit coming to church. Purchase at AdventSource.
- UsherGreeter Orientation Guide - Develop a better understanding of the duties and roles of a church usher/greeter with this training tool. Consider the biblical background of the role, what is at work when the offering occurs, the importance of welcoming guests, and strategies for keeping your church safe.
- 6 Dos and Dont's for Welcoming Church Guests
- 6 Markers for Especially Welcoming Churches
- Six Ways to Support and Challenge Those Who Leave Church
- New Website Dedicated to Crafting Welcoming Statements for Seventh-day Adventist Churches