Many Seventh-day Adventist Churches and Schools keep Baptismal Group resources on hand so they can begin a group whenever the opportunity arises.
The following organizations are excellent resources for Bible study materials:
- PowerPoints, the official Sabbath School Bible study guide for juniors (ages 10-14) has new and updated features that include: a biblical time line, retro-inspired, realistic art-work, parents’ pages, and added emphasis to key doctrines.
- ChristWise: Discipleship Guide for Juniors. By Troy Fitzgerald. Teaches juniors (ages 10-12) basic beliefs in preparation for baptism, then it will help them make new friends and witness to them so that they too become disciples for Christ.
- ChristWise: Discipleship Guide for Teens. By Troy Fitzgerald. Teaches teens (ages 13-15) basic beliefs in preparation for baptism, then it will help them make new friends and witness to them so that they too become disciples for Christ.
- ChristWise: Discipleship Guide for Youth. By Troy Fitzgerald. Teaches youth (high school and older) basic beliefs in preparation for baptism, then it will help them make new friends and witness to them so that they too become disciples for Christ.
- ChristWise: Leader’s Guide for Juniors, Teens, and Youth. By Troy Fitzgerald. ChristWise is a revolutionary baptismal course. Geared toward a variety of learning styles, it is story-based, Christ-centered, interactive, and age-tailored.
- Following Jesus. By Monte Church. A baptismal workbook for juniors! Filled with illustrations, puzzles, word scrambles, matching games, and fill-in-the-blank exercises, this workbook makes preparation for baptism fun for children 9-12. Available in English and Spanish.
- Footprints for Kids. Part of the Kids in Discipleship (K.I.D.) program designed for families and focused on children. K.I.D. trains parents and caregivers to mentor their children to be empowered disciples of Jesus. This curriculum takes parents and children through a three-step process to equip church congregations to support parents, train parents, and empower families through interaction.
- G.A.T.E Bible Studies Youth Workbook. This baptismal guide presents solutions to today’s hot topics with a Christ-centered approach. Aimed at kids age 12-15, this program encourages them to discover God’s love and helps lead them to decision making and the reinforcement of positive values. In Instructor’s Manual is also available.
- It’s My Choice: Junior Baptismal Guide, Student Workbook. By Steve Case. Ten studies that help kids understand the 27 fundamental beliefs and 13 baptismal vows of the church– lessons created specifically for the concrete thinking of 10- to 12-year-olds.
- It’s My Choice: Junior Baptismal Guide, Teacher’s Manual. By Steve Case. Ten studies that help kids understand the 27 fundamental beliefs and 13 baptismal vows of the church, plus special material for pastors and baptismal class leaders.
- KidsReview. By Adventist Review. An arsenal of articles on baptism for kids, from a kid’s perspective.
- Making Jesus My Best Friend: Baptismal Preparation for Younger Children. By Claudio and Pamela Consuegra. This baptismal study guide will prepare children age 8-10 for a wonderful walk with Jesus. It offers lessons with activities that parents and children can enjoy together as a bonding experience. The activities include not only fill-in-the-blank but also word games, Bible crossword, and even a maze.
- A Reason to Believe. By Chris Blake, editor. The 27 fundamental beliefs have been condensed to just 10 in this youth doctrinal/baptismal course: divinity, rebellion, humanity, revelation, Jesus, response, love, joy, future, and purpose. Whether readers are young of simply young at heart, you’ll find these lessons inspiring, creative, challenging, and meaningful.
- Studying Together: A Ready-reference Bible Handbook. By Mark Finley. This small handbook includes Bible studies, practical Bible lessons, and information on other denominations. Use it to study the Bible with friends and neighbors or for youth Bible study.
- Supporting the Baptismal Class. By Douglas E. Robertson. Tips for supporting the Baptismal Class in your local church.
- Australian Union Conference Bible Studies & Discipleship Resources
- Gateway Adventist Centre (Under Resources)
- Quiz 28 (Online Quiz)
- Preparing Children for Baptism (Ministry Magazine Article)
- Truth 4 Youth (Young Disciple Ministries)